To bring people to Jesus and receive them into His family as members; nurture them to accept the grace of Christ in their lives; train them to provide ministry at home and abroad; all in order to bring glory to God’s name.
- Encourage the people to enter into a vital, committed relationship with Christ so that they may experience God’s love, presence, guidance and power in their daily lives.
- Celebrate God through our giving and praise to Him, compassion towards others, and unity amongst ourselves.
- Equip the church family with the tools needed in order to stimulate spiritual growth and offer services by providing teaching and ministry opportunities.
- Emphasize the need to live holy with faith, dependent upon God and His word.
- Enable the people to share Jesus Christ and His Gospel of salvation and reconciliation to those who have yet to know Him.
- Enlist the prayer and financial support of people to propagate the ministry of Jesus Christ world wide.
- Educate and equip for ministry, all who have a clear calling of God.
- Earnestly seek the infilling and power of the Holy Spirit, to enable this church body to successfully accomplish our mission as the church of Jesus Christ.
Come as you are,
connect with God,
connect with people.
Ok, what does it mean?
Come as you are – There’s no need to pretend or perform because God loves and delights in us even in our brokenness, so much so that Christ died for us while we were still sinners. (Luke 15 , Romans 5:8)
Connect with God – We do this by receiving the gift of eternal life He has given us in Jesus Christ (Romans 6:23) by experiencing His Presence in worship (John 4:24) by learning and applying His Word (John 8:31-32) and by receiving the spiritual gifts He has freely given us in Christ. (Acts 1:8, 1 Corinthians 12)
Connect with people – Relationships, not religion develops when we become committed to a group of believers to serve and receive from (1 Peter 4:10) and; we seek real relationships with unbelievers so they may be drawn to Christ (Luke 19:10) Our heart for people is to be an ambassador to extend God’s mercy to the poor, here and around the world, in practical, Spirit led ways that reveal the beauty of the Father and allow His light to shine brightly. (Matthew 5:16)
Our Hope in God
We believe that the more we respond to God by embracing a lifestyle of relationship (connecting) with God and relationships with people, the more God will respond to us by pouring out increased measures of His Spirit. When we connect with other churches and other ministries in genuine humility and love, God will generously respond by pouring out a grace that changes the spiritual climate of this region for everyone who lives here making it easier to preach, build fellowship, pray, and witness, as well as to receive salvation, healing, and deliverance.
We appreciate all God is doing and giving right now, but we are always praying for more because He is an extravagant Giver who has called us to walk in the character of Jesus, revealing His beauty, as well as to do the works that He did while on this earth: revealing the power of His kingdom. His magnificent grace is most clearly seen against the backdrop of our weakness, so our brokenness actually qualifies us to be His ambassadors. It is all about Jesus and His amazing grace!
The generation we live in is hungry for something real. We live in a time when the people of our generation need to have the gospel brought to them in a package they can relate to. We are seeing the fruit of it here in Sparks, and believe that God has given us a place to make believers disciples, raise up those who are confident about what they believe and are passionate in their love for God and for others.